The John F. Kennedy Assassination Homepage


  » Introduction
  » The Report
  » The Hearings


  » Testimony Index
  » Volume I
  » Volume II
  » Volume III
  » Volume IV
  » Volume V
  » Volume VI
  » Volume VII
  » Volume VIII
  » Volume IX
  » Volume X
  » Volume XI
  » Volume XII
  » Volume XIII
  » Volume XIV
  » Volume XV
Warren Commission Hearings: Vol. I - Page 250« Previous | Next »

(Testimony of Mrs. Marguerite Oswald Resumed)

Mr. Doyle.
the 28 pages which was tendered to us by Mr. Rankin this morning-- and I will return it.
Mr. Rankin.
That is for them to have.
The Chairman.
That is to become your own.
Mr. Doyle.
To become the property of Mrs. Oswald.
The Chairman.
The property of Mrs. Oswald, yes. That is what we gave it to you for. She requested that.
Mr. Doyle.
Thank you very much.
The Chairman.
Very well, we will recess now until 2 o'clock.
(Whereupon, at 12:55 p.m., the President's Commission recessed.)
The Chairman.
Afternoon Session

Testimony of Mrs. Marguerite Oswald Resumed

The Chairman.
The President's Commission reconvened at 2:05 p.m.
The Chairman.
All right, Mr. Rankin, will you proceed with the hearing?
Mr. Rankin.
Mrs. Oswald, you said that you would like to turn now to telling us about your life. We would appreciate that if you would do that.
Mrs. Oswald.
The Chairman.
Mrs. Oswald, if you would prefer not to tell the story of your life, that is perfectly all right.
Mrs. Oswald.
I want to tell the story but there is something else that upsets me.
The Chairman.
It is perfectly all right if you don't wish to. You may take your time now and go right ahead.
Mrs. Oswald.
I am sorry, you will have to excuse me about the story of my life, and Mr. Doyle knows why, but there is one part of the story of my life that will have a great connection with this, I believe.
I married Mr. Edwin Ekdahl who was an electrical engineer and a $10,000 a year man with an expense account. Mr. Ekdahl had a woman before he married me. Of course, married him, but the way I found this out, I received a telephone call, a telegram rather, he traveled--lots of times Lee and I traveled with him--stating he wouldn't return home when he was supposed to and for me not to meet him.
So, I called his office, I was familiar with, knew his secretary, and I was going to tell her that Mr. Ekdahl would be delayed 3 or 4 days. But immediately she said, "Mrs. Ekdahl, Mr. Ekdahl is not in, he has gone out to lunch."
So, I said, the general conversation went "When will he be back" and so on, and so that evening 1 took the car and I went to the Texas Electric Co., works for the Texaco, the main office in New York, but he was working in Fort Worth at the time, went to the building and saw him leave the building and I followed him and to an apartment house, saw him go into this apartment house.
Then I went back home, and my oldest son, John Edward Pic, who is in the service, had a friend at the house who was about 2 years older. I told them about what happened. So it was night by this time. The kids went with me.
I called Mr. John McClain, who is an attorney, and we live next door to Mr. McClain, and told him that I had seen Mr. Ekdahl go into a home when he was supposed to be out of town and what should I do.
He said, "Mrs. Oswald, just ring the phone. Do yon know the woman?"
And I said, "Yes."
"Just ring the phone and let him know that you know he is there, that you saw him."
After I thought about it I thought that is not a good idea because he could leave and say he was just there on business and I wanted to catch him there.
So the kids and I planned that we would say she had a telegram, so we went up the stairs, I believe it was the second or the third floor, and the young man knocked on the door and said, "Telegram for Mrs. Clary"--was her name.
She said, "Please push it under the door" and I told him no; he said, "No, you have to sign for it."
« Previous | Next »

Found a Typo?

Click here
Copyright by www.jfk-assassination.comLast Update: Wed, 3 Aug 2016 21:56:33 CET